Darley Green Homes in Delaware: The Perfect Place to Retire
Beautiful houses for sale in Delaware ideal for retirees
New construction townhomes for sale in Delaware offer the perfect place to retire. When thinking of retirement, it is important to make choices that fit in with your future finances. Getting the most for your money is not just a desire but a necessity.
Fortunately, the unique master-planned community of Darley Green can meet your need for good financial decisions while promising a great quality of life. Designed to recreate the positive feel and social aspects of neighborhood living, this Wilmington community offers residents impeccable landscaping, neighborhood gathering areas, and onsite restaurants and shops.
Financial reasons to retire in Wilmington, Delaware
Most retirees are beginning this new stage in life with a fixed income. Finding an affordable place to live that still offers the things that make those “golden years” golden is not always easy.
However, Delaware’s tax system accompanied with Darley Green’s reasonable housing costs truly simplify things. Delaware retirees can take advantage of these benefits:
- Low income tax – a graduating tax of 2.2 to 5.5 percent for incomes under $60,000 and 5.95 percent for incomes over $60,000
- Social Security is tax exempt
- Railroad retirement benefits are tax exempt
- Taxpayers over 60 can exclude $12,500 of investment and qualified pension income
- Taxpayers under 60 can exclude $2,000 of investment and qualified pension income
- Out-of-state government pensions qualify for pension and retirement exemption
- Reasonable property tax – the median property tax based on the average home value of $249,400 is $1,078
- Zero sales tax
- No inheritance tax
- Condos and townhouses starting in the low $200,000’s
Amenities of living in the Darley Green community
One aspect that retirees love most about Darley Green is that all landscaping – snow-shoveling, leaf-raking, and more are included. With no yard work to do, residents are free to take advantage of the many on-site walking trails or stroll to their favorite restaurant for an evening of fine dining. Within the immediate area, residents can catch a movie, go shopping, or explore the nightlife. New home builders in Delaware, Montchanin Builders, had a vision of an easier life for home owners.
Although just about everything a person may desire is within a few minutes away, there is always the option of driving 20 minutes to spend some time in Philadelphia, or an hour to visit Baltimore.
Nestled in the Claymont Renaissance district, our condos in Delaware offer much more than meets the eye. If you are looking for an affordable place to retire, and a community that enhances your quality of life, Darley Green may just be the answer!
To learn more about our and condos and Delaware townhomes, or to schedule an appointment, please call Community Sales Manager, Amy Maluski at 302.655.2600.