New Homes in Delaware Just Minutes from Brandywine Valley
Spring has almost sprung, and what better weather to explore the picturesque landscapes and backcountry roads of the lovely Brandywine Valley – recently rated one of Forbes’ top ten American road trips. The lush vale spans more than twelve miles and lures tourists from far and wide with its opulent early 20th-century estates and fascinating glimpses into new world royalty. Nestled between southern Pennsylvania and northern Delaware, the valley is just a short drive from Wilmington and the beautiful townhomes of Darley Green – the latest masterpiece from the Montchanin Builders. If you’re in the market for new homes in Delaware and wouldn’t mind convenient access to the world-class attractions of the Brandywine Valley, the master-planned community of Darley Green may just be your ticket.
Famous Brandywine Valley attractions
Home to glamorous mansions, botanical gardens and the celebrated Hagley museum, the Brandywine Valley ambles along twisting narrow roads that wend through some of the country’s most scenic terrain. While the 12-mile stretch from Wilmington, Delaware to Kennett Square, Pennsylvania may appear short, travelers should schedule several days to truly savor all of the cultural offerings. Here’s a short sampling to whet your appetite:
- Hagley Museum: Discover how the du Pont story began at this treasured museum, less than a mile from Montchanin. Take a peek at popular DuPont innovations from NASCAR racing cars to nylon pantyhose. Nearby is the family’s stately Georgian home where visitors can reflect on the life of five generations of du Ponts.
- Nemours Mansion & Gardens: Wander through the 70-plus room Nemours estate, which was constructed by Alfred I. du Pont in 1910. Guests feel like they’re in France with the Louis XVI – themed architecture and gardens which are reminiscent of the Versailles.
- Longwood Gardens: Personally designed by Pierre du Pont in the 1930s, this manicured property includes a 4.5-acre glassed conservatory where orchids and nearly 6,000 other types of plants thrive. Be sure to check out their evening music and light show.
- Chaddsford Winery: Considered Pennsylvania’s largest and most recognized winery, the Chaddsford welcomes guests year-round for tours (and tastings!) and several of its vintages won awards in international wine competitions. Located half-way between Longwood Gardens and the Brandywine River Museum.
- Brandywine River Museum: Occupying three floors of a 19th century grist mill, the building is often labeled the Wyeth museum thanks to a robust collection of works by the famed artist. Educational tours departing from the museum are offered throughout the week to view the extraordinary works of N.C. Wyeth.
New Homes in Delaware just minutes from Brandywine Valley
What are Darley Green residents saying about their new townhomes in Wilmington, Delaware? For starters, they love the charming setting – a short drive from both rural pursuits and city nightlife – as Philly is 20 minutes by car. And even better, the beautiful condos and townhouses feature contemporary floor plans and modern touches, but without the sky-high costs you’d expect. With prices starting in the $200’s and attractive financing options for first-time buyers, Darley Green is like a dream come true.
Stop by today and let us show you our move-in ready townhouses. To view our model homes, come by any day from 11AM to 6PM. To learn more about our new Spring deliveries, please contact Amy Maluski, Community Sales Manager, at 302.655.2600.