Enjoy the Wilmington August Quarterly Festival
Wilmington homes for sale at Darley Green
This year marks the 200th annual August Quarterly Festivalin Wilmington, Delaware. The first festival commemorated the founding of the African Union Church, the first African American church. Today, the annual event is a time to celebrate religious revival, family reunions and political freedom. Fittingly, August Quarterly is held at theHarriet-Tubman Riverfront Park downtown — just 15 minutes from the beautiful new Wilmington homesat Darley Green.
Many reasons to check out the August Quarterly Festival:
- Food and drink vendors
- Traditional song and dance
- Parades, marching bands and freedom marches
- Music by James Hall Worship & Praise (and other acts)
- Local and regional religious speakers and preachers
- Fashion shows, storytelling and stage performances
- Children’s games, rides, crafts and events
- Local retail vendors, from books to African clothing
Who started the August Quarterly Festival?
Peter Spencer was born into slavery in 1782, but was later freed. He went on to lead a group of 40 people out of the predominantly white Asbury Methodist Episcopal Church to found the first independent African American Christian church in America. Over the course of his lifetime, Spencer founded 30 more churches and schools, earning a reputation as “the father of the independent black church movement.”
The August Quarterly Festival is just one of the many wonderful annual events that make living in the Wilmington DE area so great. While you’re in town, why not stop at Darley Green and see the homes we have to offer?
Highlights of living in the Darley Green community
1.Location– Our homeowners are just 10 minutes from downtown Wilmington and are a stone’s throw away from the nightlife and historic attractions of Philadelphia.
2.Price– Taxes and prices are surprisingly low, especially considering you are within walking distance to nature trails, restaurants, shopping, nightlife and recreation. There's also a new homebuyer’s program that can help with downpayment assistance.
3. Features– You’ll get a lot of bang for your buck with the upscale features (from gourmet kitchens and chandeliers, to energy efficient utilities and large walk-in closets) that we offer as part of our standard Wilmington homes for sale.
4.Flexibility– If you would like, there are customization options to make these homes fit your creative vision. You can choose your cabinets and counter tops, upgrade your kitchen appliances or select hardwood floors, or even add in cool features like a multi-room sound system or upper loft!
5. Maintenance-Free– You’ll never have to mow another lawn, rake another leaf, or shovel snow again! Many people are drawn to new homes communities for that very reason. Instead of laboring over dull household maintenance tasks, you can enjoy time spent with your family and neighbors in our community gathering spaces.
Please call 302-655-2600 to learn more about Wilmington condos at Darley Green. To view our model homes, you can stop by any time between 11AM and 6 PM. We hope to see you soon!