Explore Spring Events in Wilmington, DE
Celebrate spring in Wilmington
Spring has sprung in Wilmington… or at least it’s getting there, weather-wise. And if you are currently searching fornew homes in Delaware, you couldn't have picked a better time to start!
One of the great advantages of the move-in ready townhomes at Darley Green is their close proximity—5 minutes by car— to Wilmington, DE, and the many attractions the city has to offer in terms of arts, culture, recreation, dining, and fun family excursions. Darley Green homeowners can enjoy the emergence of spring in their own backyard, with abundant greenery, walking and jogging paths, and professional landscaping all on site. But with Wilmington so close by, it will be hard to resist the bountiful variety of upcoming spring events. Check out just a few of the seasonal area highlights!
New homes in Delaware: explore all Wilmington has to offer
From home runs to home & garden, Wilmington will entice you out of winter hibernation with a plethora of spring pleasures. Here are just a few …
- April 12– Wilmington Blue Rocks Home Opener: Come out to Frawley Stadium to see pitching ace Kyle Zimmer and the rest of the talent-laden Double-A Blue Rocks kick off the 2013 season against the Frederick Keys. Take advantage of the special Opening Week Family Pack discount offer. For any of the 6 opening week games, you can buy 4 tickets for only $45, which includes $20 of credit that can be used at concession stands or in the Quarry team store.
- April 20– Earth Day Festival:Celebrate Earth Day with the Delaware Nature Society on the Wilmington Riverfront. Appreciating the environment was never so much fun as with these free, all-ages events, which include canoe trips, hikes to a beaver lodge, catch-and-release fishing, face painting, arts and crafts, music, and getting up close and personal with a variety of “live critters and creepy crawlies.” Rain or shine!
- May 4– Pirate Sail:Board the Kalmar Nyckel, an authentic re-creation of a 17th century seagoing Dutch pinnace, for a day of swashbuckling, eye patch-wearing, plank-walking fun. The pirate’s life continues throughout the spring and summer.
- April-June– Winterthur in Spring:The Winterthur Museum on the DuPont Estate not only contains the largest collection of early American decorative arts, but features several gorgeous gardens that are just coming into bloom with the first flush of spring. Narrated garden tram rides are available daily. Right now, the March Bank is blue—the wooded hillside and much of the garden is covered in a blanket of beautiful blue Chionodoxa or “glory-of-the-snow” bulbs. Don’t miss the Sundial Garden coming into glorious full bloom in April, with lavender lilacs, white and pink magnolias, flowering cherries, and much more.
- June 8– Brandywine Food and Wine Festival:Wineries on the Brandywine Valley Wine Trail join together with local restaurants, artisans, and musicians for a full day of shameless indulgence at the Myrick Conservation Center. Enjoy tastings, concerts, and more.
Wilmington condos and townhomes put you in the heart of the action
If you’re looking for new homes in Delaware, you owe it to yourself to check out the master-planned community at Darley Green, where luxurious move-in ready condominiums and townhomes start at below-market prices in the low $200s. Ideally located minutes from the I-95 corridor, These townhomes in Wilmingtonare a hop, skip, and jump to all local area shopping and are only a 20-minute drive in to Philadelphia. Standard features include three bedrooms, gourmet kitchen, walk-in closet, spacious 1-2 car garages, up to 2500 square feet of finished living space, and classic exterior styling.
Darley Green model homes are available for daily viewing from 11AM-6PM. To learn more about our special financing programs, including reduced down payments and closing cost assistance, or to have any more of your questions answered, please call Amy Maluski, Community Sales Manager, at 302.655.2600.