Philly’s New Years Eve Fireworks and Events
What are you doing this New Year’s Eve? Although we are still planning for our Christmas festivities, it’s not too early to start looking ahead at how we’ll ring in 2014. Buyers perusing homes for sale in Philadelphiahave likely noticed that the city is home to a number of exciting events, from parades and fireworks, to premium open bar nightclub parties and dinner cruises on the Spirit of Philadelphia.
On the other hand, Delaware condos at Darley Green offer maintenance-free living, quality craftsmanship and ample amenities, starting in the low $200s and located within 30 minutes of all the best Philadelphia New Year’s festivities.
Where to see New Year’s Eve fireworks in Philadelphia
Thousands of local residents living in the Philadelphia and DE area look forward to the Delaware River Waterfront’sNew Year’s Eve fireworks displays each year. Conveniently, there is a 6 pm early show and a midnight showing as well, which gives you greater flexibility over how to spend your evening. The 15-minute show stuns against the beautiful backdrop of the Benjamin Franklin Bridge. After the show, you’ll find ample parties in nearby Old City.
Top New Year’s Eve attractions in Philadelphia
In addition to the spectacular fireworks display, you can also check out the following New Year’s attractions in Philly:
- Blue Cross River Rink– Bring your ice skates to enjoy a timeless winter tradition at Penn’s Landing. Not only will you get a great view of the fireworks, but you can also enjoy the Waterfront Winterfest, a pop-up holiday village offering opportunities for shopping, dining, warming up by a roaring fire, and other activities.
- Sugar House Casino– You can access the Mummers Parade on New Year’s Day and the Delaware River Waterfront easily from this convenient location, featuring live music, an open bar, appetizers and hot beverages for $65 advance, $75 at the door.
- Adventure Aquarium – Get full access to the entire aquarium, up-close animal encounters, a barrage of family-friendly music and activities, a free gift for each child, front row for the fireworks at 6 pm, and a dance party style countdown. Tickets are $30 for adults, $25 for children 2-12, and free for infants.
- Spirit of Philadelphia– Take a holiday cruise full of dancing, dining, entertainment and open bar from 9pm to 1 am for $174.90. Evening dinner cruises are also available for the 6pm fireworks starting at 4pm.
- Hyatt Regency at Penn’s Landing – Choose from a 4pm party including a Family Buffet, Dessert Explosion and 6 pm fireworks show ($60 adults, $30 children), or an adult starlight soiree in the Columbus ballroom with a dinner buffet and wine bar, drinks and dancing at Keatings River Grill, and midnight fireworks ($135 a person).
- New Year’s Eve In The Piazza– Thousands of partiers gather at the Piazza at Schmidt’s. Tickets range from $85 for early bird discount to $2,000 for a 10-person VIP table, and include admission to buffets at PYT, Gunners Run, Kings Oak and the 20,000-square-foot heated tent. Live music, light shows and five hours of open bar await.
Looking at homes for sale in Philadelphia? Try Delaware condos!
Delaware condos are a top choice for buyers looking for affordable luxury living. Just 20 minutes from Philly, Darley Green offers beautifullly crafted new construction homes that come with much lower property and school taxes, access to Delaware shopping (with our 0% sales tax!), and monthly mortgage payments lower than local rental prices.
The “Main Street” feel of our community is undeniable, as the classic architecture and cluster of shops, restaurants and recreational facilities within walking distance adds value to your investment. Come see what we’re all about and call Community Sales Manager Amy Maluski at 302.655.2600.