Halloween Activities, Parties & Events in Wilmington
Darley Green: Wilmington homes for sale
October is one of the most beautiful months to experience all that Wilmington, Delaware has to offer, from popular tourist attractionsin the Brandywine Valley to the stunning fall foliage. Now that the autumn leaves have begun to fall and a slight crispness is in the air, everyone’s mind is on the Halloween season just around the corner. Haunted houses, zombie parades, costumed bar crawls, and themed hayrides for the kids are just a few of the exciting events on tap in this bustling city, where both the young and young-at-heart can embrace their inner goblin spirit and enjoy a wild Halloween bash with friends, or a child-friendly eve of trick-or-treating.
Take a look at some of the more popular Wilmington-area Halloween happenings scheduled this year.
Local Halloween events that cater to everyone!
If you’re new to the Wilmington area, you’re in for a treat this Halloween, as local venues are pulling out all the stops for haunted Halloween fun.
- Halloween Hayride at Bellevue Park – Don your favorite costume and meet up at the Percheron Barn for an evening of hay rides and trick-or-treating. After the ride, kids can dig into some homemade s’mores cooked on the campfire. Don’t forget to bring your own trick-or-treat bag!
- Boo at the Zoo!– Wear your favorite costumes to the Brandywine Zoo for a day of trick-or-trinkets, live animal encounters and other “merry” (not scary) activities that are geared for younger children. Cost: Adult (12+) $4; Senior $2; Youth (3-11)$2; Youth (under 3) Free.
- Screams at the Beach– For an evening filled with frights and screams, haunted attractions, mazes and hayrides, head to Georgetown for a spooky stroll through themed houses in the Crimson woods, where the “scream team” works hard to elicit total fright. Ticket pricing: $25, $30/with unlimited rides, $40/VIP
- Frightland– Delaware’s most infamous haunted house, Frightland has 8 horror attractions that are geared for children aged 12 and older. In addition to carnival rides, and games, Frightland terrorizes with its Haunted Woods, Ghost town and haunted hay rides. Located south of the C&D Canal in Middletown.
- 34th Annual Halloween Loop– Get ready for the ultimate in bar crawls on All Hallow’s Eve… for just $10, this costumed extravaganza will take you to more than 14 of the city’s hottest bars and nightclubs. And the best part – you don’t have to worry about driving. A complimentary bus will shuttle you from one party to the next. Saturday, October 26, 2013 – 8:00 pm – 1:00 am
- Ghost Tour Of Rockwood Mansion– During the Halloween season, guests aged 12 and up can experience the ghostly side of this historic Victorian–era mansion on a ghost tour. The 90-minute tour is $20, or you can help conduct a "paranormal investigation" in the mansion (3 hours; $40; ages 16 and up).
Beautiful new townhomes in Delaware
Vibrant cultural, entertainment and recreational offerings are just some of the advantages to Delaware living. If you’ve been searching for the perfect area to raise your family, put down roots, or retire, consider the master-planned community of Darley Green – one of Wilmington’s most affordable yet luxurious neighborhoods in the Claymont Renaissance district. Our residents are just a short drive from local attractions, including esteemed botanical gardens, historic estates, museums and other popular tourist hotspots.
To learn more about our new Wilmington homes for sale, please call Community Sales Manager, Amy Maluski, at 302.655.2600. Or, feel free to stop by to check out our model homes any day between 11AM and 6PM.