Spring Has Sprung in Philadelphia
Philadelphia homes for sale
One of the great advantages of living in the master-planned community of Darley Green is the unique convenience of the location. Tucked away in Delaware’s Claymont Renaissance District, the spacious, elegant, move-in ready townhouses and condominiums at Darley Green are only 5 minutes by car to the city of Wilmington, and 20 minutes to Philadelphia. The City of Brotherly Love offers a plentiful array of allures and attractions throughout the year, and springtime is no different. In addition to the year-round roster of riches in the categories of dining, nightlife, arts and professional sports, here are some of the major Philly events that coincide with Nature re-booting herself.
Spring events in Philly
- Philadelphia International Children’s Festival (April 30-May 4): Get ready for puppets, 46 Circus Acts in 45 Minutes, and mermaids from Nova Scotia! The children’s fest is a week-long series of live shows, performances, and interactive events for kids and the kids in all of us. Now in its 29th year, this family-focused event is run by the Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts. Don’t skip the “Fun Zone” in the outdoor plaza, featuring face painting, crafts, juggling, and more.
- Blue Cross Broad Street Run (May 5): The annual 10-mile run from the northern outskirts of the city to the Philadelphia Navy Yard passes some of Philly’s most famous landmarks, including City Hall, the Academy of the Fine Arts, Avenue of the Arts, and Temple University. Approximately 18,000 people run the course every year.
- Philadelphia Wine + Food Festival (May 10): Welcome to oenophile heaven. Not only will you have from over 600 expertly selected wines to sample, but this year’s event aims to pair up winemakers with chefs for a complete complement of indulgences. Tastings, live demonstrations, and a silent charity auction will all be held at the SCA Club at Lincoln Financial Field. Don’t forget the Lexus Dessert Lounge, featuring decadent treats from local bakeries. The Fine Wine & Good Spirits store will also be on site, so you can pick up a bottle or two of your favorite vintages.
- Dad Vail Regatta (May 10-11): A traditional Philly rite of spring, and the largest collegiate regatta in the country. The 2-day rowing race celebrates its 75th anniversary this year, with over 3,500 student athletes from across the United States expected to compete on the Schuylkill River in front of thousands of spectators, many of whom will be picnicking along the banks of the river. While you’re there, take a stroll along Boathouse Row, a series of Victorian boathouses on the southern end of Kelly Drive.
- Rittenhouse Row Festival (May 18): Join the all-day Walnut Street block party in ritzy Rittenhouse Square, where food, music, fashion, and entertainment mix and mingle. Expect live music, fashion shows, and plenty of fun stuff for the kids. From noon to 5 PM, rain or shine.
- Italian Market Festival (May 18-19): The country’s oldest outdoor market and the beating heart of South Philly hosts a 2-day festival of food and flavor, along with the Annual Procession of Saints and plenty of fun family activities. Come with an empty stomach!
Dissatisfied with Philadelphia condominiums? Try Delaware
In today’s real estate market, it’s increasingly difficult to find a bargain when searching for Philadelphia homes for sale. When it comes to both Wilmington and Philadelphia condominiums and townhomes, the high price tags rarely seem to match the product you’re getting. It’s different at Darley Green. With up to 2,500 square feet of finished living space, and the highest quality amenities, the three-story townhouses and two-floor condos start in the budget-friendly low $200s. Living at Darley Green affords the relaxed peacefulness of an old-fashioned neighborhood, without asking you to sacrifice the bright lights of the big city: Philadelphia and all it has to offer is only a short car or train ride away.
Swing by the Montchanin Builders’ model homes at Darley Green and witness first-hand the value your money can get. Our model homes are available for viewing every day from 11AM to 6PM. To find out more about our competitive interest rates for first-time homebuyers, or if you have any other questions, please call Community Sales Manager Amy Maluski at 302.655.2600.