Fall Fun in Wilmington, Delaware
The nights are getting cooler and the leaves have started to change color, which can only mean one thing ─ fall is here. This time of year is filled with fun activities to fit everyone’s style in Delaware.
Get ready for a busy, fun-filled season ahead, as there’s never a dull moment during the fall months in Wilmington.
Tons of fun fall activities in the Wilmington area
Delaware is always a fun place to be during the fall season. Some of the area’s top activities include:
- Vendemmia da Vinci Wine and Food Festival: Head to Tubman-Garrett Park on Sunday, October 12 for the Vendemmia da Vinci Wine and Food Festival. Enjoy homemade wine and gravy making contests. Admission is $50 in advance and $60 at the gate.
- “Fall in Italy” Concert by the Newark Symphony: Don’t miss the “Fall in Italy” Newark Symphony concert on Sunday, October 26 at The Independence Show. Enjoy the sounds of special guest, Alessandra Cuffaro on the violin. General admission tickets are $20, with discounts for seniors and students.
- Fall Harvest Market at Brandywine River Museum: Take the family to the Brandywine River Museum every Saturday and Sunday through 11/09/14 to experience the fun of the fall market. Admission is free and the festivities run from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
- Birding Along the Brandywine: Enjoy the opportunity to head on a walk along the River Trail at the Brandywine Museum of Art to search for fall migrants on Friday, September 26. This free event runs from 8am to 10am.
- Harvest Moon Festival: Visit the Coverdale Farm Preserve on Saturday October 4 and Sunday October 5 for the Harvest Moon Festival. Enjoy family fun down on the farm. Admission cost varies, but is free for DNS members.
- Hayrides at Hagley: Visit the Hagley Museum and Library every Saturday in October for a beautiful fall hayride along the Brandywine. You’ll also have the chance to make fun fall crafts, see a gunpowder explosion and more. Admission prices vary, but it is free for members.
- River Towns Ride & Festival: Don’t miss the River Towns of Delaware City and New Castle’s annual fall festival on Saturday, October 4. Enjoy a craft beer festival, live music, food, games, rides, exhibitions and vendors. Admission to the event is free.
If you’re in the mood for a mini-road trip, nearby Philadelphia is also filled with fall festivals. Some of the highlights include Night Market Chinatown on October 2, Fall at Franklin Square from October 3 to 31, the Conshohocken Beer Festival on October 18 and Peddler’s Village Apple Festival on November 1 to 2. Gather the family and hit the road for a fun fall adventure!
New home communities in Delaware
Not only is there never a dull moment in Delaware, there’s also a wide-variety of ways to live in style, thanks to Montchanin Builders. Whether you’re looking to move into one of our exclusive new home communities in Delaware or renovate an existing property, Montchanin has a solution to fit your needs.
Contact the Delaware custom home improvements team today at 302-655-2600.
- VisitWilmingtonDE.com, http://www.visitwilmingtonde.com/
- Visit Philadelphia, Top Fall Festivals http://www.visitphilly.com/articles/philadelphia/top-fall-festivals/