Exceptional Outdoor Dining in Wilmington
One of the most enduring attractions of Wilmington, Delaware is its outstanding riverfront location near the junction of the Delaware and Christina Rivers. Its storied history as a shipbuilding center has given Wilmington its unmistakable nautical flavor and healthy outdoor personality.
Visitors new to the area who have been touring some of the beautiful condos at nearby Darley Green find themselves drawn all summer to stroll along the gorgeous Wilmington Riverfront, a 1.3 mile scenic pathway hugging the Christina River.
Wilmington DE condos convenient to exceptional riverfront dining
It’s tough to choose a place to dine when you have so many great and varied options all within close proximity. There are craft beer bars, lively family-friendly spots, great young chefs dishing out healthy New American cuisine, fabulous ethnic eateries, and some of the best outdoor dining in Delaware.
And is there anything sweeter about summertime in Wilmington than sitting on the outdoor deck of one of the Riverfront’s many restaurants sipping a cocktail or cold beer, enjoying some good food, and watching the boats slipping along the river?
Here are a few of the outdoor restaurants that Wilmington locals and visitors are talking about:
- Firestone Roasting House at 101 S. West Street offers hand crafted pizza, signature steaks, fresh seafood, live entertainment, and a great outdoor patio bar.
- Harry’s Seafood Grill at 101 S. Market Street gets high marks for its innovative cuisine and top shelf service, fifty wines by the glass, and an outdoor patio open all summer.
- Big Fish Grill at 720 Justison Street scores with the freshest seafood, hand-cut steaks, delicious pastas and a covered outdoor patio.
- Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant at 710 Madison Street serves comfort food and wood-fired pizza alongside its own brewery. Grab a seasonal beer and head for the two 100-seat patios with sweeping views of the river.
- Timothy’s Riverfront Grill at 930 Justison Street, home of its award-winning burgers and wings, has a deck right on the Christina River.
- Joe’s Crab Shack at 600 Justison Street has a 100 seat riverfront deck and children’s outdoor play area. Enjoy barbecued, garlic, and steamed Dungeness crab, along with Snow crabs and King crabs.
- Ubon Thai Cuisine at 936 Justison Street was voted best Thai restaurant in Wilmington and has a great outdoor patio.
Try the terrific New American cuisine at River Rock Kitchen at 818 Shipyard Drive serving locally sourced meats and produce. It’s also the only spot on the Riverfront where you can get a dynamite power breakfast on the deck overlooking the river.
Finally, if you’re a baseball fan, you may be hard pressed to improve on the ultimate outdoor dining experience of a hot dog and a beer watching the minor league Wilmington Blue Rocks at Frawley Stadium.
Fabulous cuisine – one of the many benefits of Delaware living
If you live in Wilmington, you get to enjoy the outdoor pleasures, dining and sports and recreation of the Riverfront all year long. And there’s no better base of operations for young professionals, families, and retirees than the gracious master planned-community of Wilmington DE condos at Darley Green.
Darley Green homeowners have discovered this beautiful section of Delaware not only because of its great healthy outdoor lifestyle but because of its excellent central location minutes from I-95 and downtown Wilmington, and a quick 25-minute commute into Philadelphia. If you’re thinking of moving to the area, you owe it to yourself to consider the affordable luxury of Darley Green, where two and three bedroom condos and townhouses are competitively priced starting in the low $200’s.
Please call 302.655.2600 for more information about Darley Green and see why smart buyers are making the same move.